With prostatitis, an inflammatory process occurs in the region of the prostate gland. This is one of the most common urological diseases. The causes of prostatitis in men are varied.
What is prostatitis?
The disease is accompanied by a violation of urination. Very often, a man has a feeling of incomplete emptying of the bladder.
The main causes of acute bacterial prostatitis are infections that:
- transmitted during intimacy (ureaplasmosis, chlamydia);
- penetrate into the urethra from the rectal area (infection with Klebsiella, Pseudomonas aeruginosa).
If the prostate becomes inflamed, a man's emotional state can quickly deteriorate. In this case, the libido fades.
The deterioration of the nervous system can be characterized by the following symptoms:
- mood deterioration;
- Sleep disturbance;
- increased irritability.
Where does prostatitis in patients come from?
It is worth explaining what causes acute or chronic prostatitis in men. The probability of developing a disease increases under the influence of the following main factors:
- promiscuous sexual relations;
- non-compliance with the basic rules of personal hygiene;
- reflux of urine in the bladder area;
- strong emotional shock;
- stagnation of blood in the pelvic area.
Causes of the disease
Acquired causes of prostate gland inflammation include:
- narrowing of the urethra. It leads to a deterioration in the outflow of urine and increases the pressure in the urethra;
- perineal injury, which provoked the appearance of a chronic inflammatory process;
- prostate stones;
- heavy physical work;
- the presence of a chronic inflammatory process in which the vessels of the prostate are affected.
Acute and chronic infectious pathologies
The inflammatory process in the prostate may be the result of another disease. These pathologies include: gonorrhea and urethritis. The following diseases can also cause the development of the disease:
- angina pectoris;
- incompletely treated caries;
In the presence of a focus of acute or chronic infection, the root cause of the disease must first be eliminated - neutralize the activity of the infectious agent.
Congestive (congestive) prostatitis is often accompanied by damage to testicular tissue. With this pathology, a violation of spermatogenesis occurs, the process of synthesis of sex hormones slows down. With congestive prostatitis, erectile dysfunction often occurs.
The risk of chronic congestive prostatitis increases under the influence of the following factors:
- low physical activity;
- weakness of the pelvic floor muscles;
- prolonged abstinence from intimacy;
- interrupted sexual intercourse, as a method of protection against unwanted pregnancies;
- frequent constipation;
- the presence of cancer;
- reduced vascular tone;
- the occurrence of complications after surgical intervention on the pelvic organs;
- Varicose disease of the pelvic veins.
Treatment of congestive prostatitis involves the use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. These drugs eliminate discomfort, reduce tissue swelling.
If indicated, antiplatelet agents are used. These medications enhance the blood thinning process.
With congestive prostatitis, the introduction of sulfated mucopolysaccharide in the form of injections, the use of nicotinic acid is indicated.
Venotonics help increase the strength of the vein walls. Drugs from the group of alpha-blockers help improve urine flow. In some situations, with congestion in the prostate area, immunomodulators, muscle relaxants and sedatives are used.
An inactive lifestyle provokes the appearance of stagnant processes in the tissues of the prostate gland. Due to passive pastime, the functions of the nervous and endocrine systems deteriorate. The risk of developing prostatitis increases in unfavorable environmental conditions.
With prolonged abstinence, stagnation of seminal fluid is observed. Pathogenic microorganisms can begin to multiply in it, which provokes the appearance of an inflammatory process in the prostate.
With prolonged abstinence, sexual desire fades. Low sexual activity can also cause impotence.
Under the influence of low temperatures, the corresponding vessels narrow. In this case, the blood supply to the prostate is disturbed, which leads to a deterioration in the nutrition of the organ.
To avoid hypothermia, you must follow simple recommendations:
- it is recommended to wear warm clothing appropriate to the season;
- it is necessary to avoid prolonged stay in the wind, in the vicinity of the air conditioner.
Causes of prostatitis in men after 40 years.
Inflammation of the prostate in young men develops under the influence of such causes:
- congestion in the pelvic area;
- the presence of hidden infectious diseases (chlamydia, trichomoniasis). With such pathologies, a slow inflammatory process occurs in the tissues of the prostate gland.
Causes of prostatitis in patients older than 55 years
The disease after 55 years can occur under the influence of such factors:
- androgen deficiency;
- the presence of atrophy of the pelvic floor muscles;
- weakened immunity due to chronic infections;
- slowing of blood flow;
- extinction of sexual function;
- weakening of the sphincters located in the region of the bladder.
One of the reasons for the development of prostatitis is that the patient is overweight. Due to the extra pounds, increased pressure is created in the area of the pelvic venous plexus.
Other causes of the development of the disease
According to a specialist in psychosomatics (Louise Hay), a man's health depends on the psychological state of the stronger sex. According to this theory, the causes of prostatitis can be the following:
- a feeling of inability to control the major events of his life;
- internal experiences due to sexual failure;
- feeling of guilt towards the partner.
Pathology is often diagnosed in older men who experience insecurity in their abilities.
To prevent the development of prostatitis at this stage of life, you must learn to think positively. A man should not focus on what brings him down.
Where does inflammation of the prostate hurt in men?
It is worth explaining where it hurts with advanced prostatitis. As the disease progresses, pain occurs in the following parts of the body:
- lower back;
- the anus region.
The pain that occurs with prostatitis in men depends on the following factors:
- disease stages;
- localization of the inflammatory focus.
With a prolonged course of prostatitis, there may be pain in the area of the seminal glands and vesicles.
It is worth knowing what are the main symptoms of prostatitis, what hurts. When the prostate gland becomes inflamed, blood circulation is disturbed. This can cause lower extremity pain.
In some cases, bacterial prostatitis develops reactive arthritis. In this case, the pain does not occur in the muscles, but in the area of bone tissue or joints.
Discomfort in the testicles
One of the signs of the disease is pain in the perineum. It can spread to the penis, pubis, testicles. Discomfort in the testicles and groin folds occurs when the seminal vesicles are affected.
Unpleasant sensations of a stinging character are observed in the testicles and prostate in the presence of a purulent process. In this case, the course of the disease is complicated by a violation of the urination process, severe weakness, fever.
Discomfort in the anus
The main cause of pain in the anus is that the prostate is next to the rectum. At the same time, unpleasant sensations are stabbing in nature. The discomfort is aggravated by defecation.
The pain that occurs with inflammation of the prostate gland may be accompanied by constipation, flatulence.
Pain in the coccyx is one of the symptoms of the disease. The discomfort is usually accompanied by a sensation of the presence of a foreign body in the anus. Similar symptoms indicate a violation of the functions of the body in chronic prostatitis.
Pain in the lower abdominal area
With the progression of the disease, the volume of the glandular tissue of the organ increases. Pain in the lower abdomen is usually sharp. In this case, the inflammatory process covered the bladder and rectum.
After the course of treatment, the swelling disappears. The prostate is reduced in size. As a result, the pain in the lower abdomen becomes less pronounced.
If you experience pain, you should have a full medical exam. A similar localization of pain is observed in diseases of the rectum, prostate cancer.
Remedies to relieve pain
To eliminate discomfort, an analgesic and antipyretic from the group of pyrazolones are used. The tool helps relieve pain, has an anti-inflammatory effect.
Diphenhydramine hydrochloride has anesthetic properties. The tool helps to relax smooth muscles. The drug has a calming effect on the nervous system. NSAIDs of the sulfonanilide class are endowed with pronounced anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.
Effective folk remedies also help reduce pain:
- An infusion made from burdock.It is necessary to pour 10 grams of previously crushed plant roots with 200 ml of water. The product is cooked over low heat for 10 minutes. After that, the broth is infused for 30 minutes. Take 100 ml twice a day. The decoction is consumed 30 minutes before a meal. The average duration of the course is set individually.
- Pumpkin seeds.Eat 1 tablespoon of vegetable seeds twice a day. Pumpkin seeds should be eaten 60 minutes before meals. The average duration of the course varies from two to three months. Pumpkin seeds are distinguished by pronounced antiseptic properties.
Before using painkillers, you should consult a urologist. Appropriate agents can cause side effects.
Prostatitis, the psychosomatics of which is quite complex, can be prevented. This requires: moderate physical activity, balanced diet, abandonment of bad habits, regular sexual intercourse.